Adobe Flash: Install and Enable
Please note: If you see (HTML5) in the top left of your Device Setup, Practice, or Assessment, please visit this Help page instead.
Install Adobe Flash
- For Windows help, see Flash Player installation problems (Windows).
- For Mac OS help, see Flash Player installation problems (Mac OS).
Enabling Adobe Flash
Once you've installed Adobe Flash, please ensure Flash is enabled on your browser by doing the following:
If you're using Chrome, your browser will likely have Flash installed by default (so you won't need to install it yourself). Just remember to enable Flash on your assessment webpage:
Click "Secure" > "Flash" > Choose "Always allow on this site".
Lastly, refresh your page! For more on enabling Flash on Chrome, click here.
Follow these steps to enable Flash on a FireFox browser:
1. Click "Tools" in the toolbar > Open "Add-ons"
2. In Add-ons Manager, Click "Plug-ins" > Change "Shockwave Flash" settings to "Always active"
Lastly, refresh your page! If you have problems loading Flash content while using Firefox, click here.
Follow these steps to enable Flash on a Safari browser v. 11 (for other versions, click on the link below):
1. Click "Safari" in the toolbar > Open "Preferences"
2. Click "Websites" tab > Choose the "Adobe Flash Player" Plug-in. Assuming you are doing this from Kira's Device Setup page then app.kiratalent.com should be in your "currently opened websites" field. Choose "On" from the drop-down menu.
Lastly, refresh your page! For more on enabling Flash on Safari, click here.