Connection: Requirements & troubleshooting
Minimum connection speed required for Kira
The minimum bandwidth required to complete a Kira assessment or interview is 1 Mbps for downloads and 500 Kbps for uploads. Please ensure your connection is relatively reliable and stable to prevent interruptions.
My connection is too slow or keeps cutting out
Here are a few things to try:
- Disable your browser's adblockers or third-party extensions (or - use an incognito Chrome browser)
- Stop any downloads, file sharing, or streaming services on your computer
- Close all other open tabs, windows, and applications on your computer
- Use a wired connection instead of a wireless connection
- Restart your device
- Find an alternate location with a more stable internet connection, such as a friend or family member's house, a public library, coffee shop, internet cafe, or local University or College campus.
- In rare cases, you may need to disable your firewall if possible, especially in a corporate setting
- Try another device