Connection: Troubleshoot Common Issues
Minimum connection speed required for Kira
The minimum bandwidth required to complete a Kira assessment is 1 Mbps for downloads and 500 kbps for uploads. Please ensure your environment has a stable internet connection to prevent interruptions.
My connection is too slow or keeps cutting out
Here are a few things to try:
- Disable your browser's adblockers
- Restart your device.
- In rare cases, you may need to disable your firewall if possible, especially in a corporate setting
- (Or, use an alternate connection).
- Use a wired internet connection instead of a wireless connection.
- Close all other open windows and applications on your computer.
- Find an alternate location with a more stable internet connection, such as a friend or family member's house, a public library, local coffee shop, internet cafe, or local University or College campus.
- Try using a VPN if you're connecting from behind a region-wide network firewall. For more information see our guide on using a VPN.
- Try another device.
Why does the Kira Connection test show different results than other online speed tests?
Kira's Connection test in Device Setup measures the maximum expected connection speed directly to one of Kira's media servers that's closest to you. While we have access to a growing number of servers, there may be some limitation to the location and quantity of servers. Speed tests (like speedtest.net) are designed to measure your internet connection's maximum expected internet speed by connecting you with a speed-testing server as close to you as possible. Therefore, results compared with Kira's speed test may vary.